Also called “LA without the Pacific”, Phoenix is the capital city of Arizona has an unrivaled desert character that meets uber city sophistication. The one-time ranch town has transformed into the 5th most populated city in the U.S. Home to cowboys, cacti-lined avenues and vibrant red-colored mountains, Phoenix is the heart of the Sonoran Desert.
Also known as the “Valley of the Sun”, the Phoenix metropolitan area has a population of over 4.2 million people and the explosive population growth has made it among the largest metro areas in the U.S. Phoenix stands apart from other cities of the country, thanks to its stunning desert scenery. And, apart from its Old West roots and natural beauty, Phoenix is home to museums, theaters, cultural attractions, dining and shopping that makes it an excellent vacation getaway.
So, whether you want to explore Phoenix’s desert and mountains or you have a business conference to attend, our Phoenix private jet charter guide has your trip covered – it’ll be a breeze.
Private Jet Charters To/From Phoenix
To charter a flight to Phoenix AZ or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Flights to and from Phoenix
There are many airports serving the area in and around Phoenix where you can get a private jet charter to Phoenix.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX): Situated around 3 miles east of Phoenix’s central business district the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is the busiest airport of Arizona and the 9th busiest in the country. The airport has 2 FBOs (fixed-base operators).
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (IWA): Known earlier as Williams Gateway Airport, the IWA is situated 20 miles southeast of Phoenix.
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport (DVT): The airport is situated around 15 miles from Phoenix’s central business district and has 3 FBOs serving the general aviation at the airport.
- Scottsdale Airport (SDL): The airport lies 9 miles from Scottsdale’s central business district and around 20 miles northeast of Phoenix. This is another option for a private jet charter in Phoenix. The airport has 2 FBOs.
- Chandler Municipal Airport (CHD): The airport is situated 3 miles from Chandler’s central business district and around 26 miles from Phoenix. The airport has 2 FBOs.
Cultural Attractions of Phoenix
Phoenix has some excellent arts and cultural attractions that you can visit such as:
- Phoenix Art Museum: The Phoenix Art Museum is the largest visual art museum in the southwest United States. The museum has over 18,000 works of American, European, Latin American, Asian, Western American, contemporary and modern art.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art: The museum showcases modern art, architectural and design works.
- Arizona Capitol Museum: The museum displays Arizona’s history and culture.
- Arizona Military Museum: Displays military items from the Vietnam War.
- Pueblo Grande Museum Archaeological Park: These are pre-Columbian ruins and archaeological sites and include prehistoric irrigation canals and platform mounds.
- Hall of Flame Firefighting Museum: The museum is dedicated to preserving the firefighting equipment used over the years across the world.
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix: With interactive, hands-on exhibits for kids from birth to 10 years of age, the museum encourages learning through play.
- The Heard Museum: The museum has exhibits of the Barry Goldwater Collection of the historic Hopi Kachina dolls, a Navajo Hogan, 260 pieces of Mareen Allen Nichols’ contemporary jewelry collection and the boarding school experiences of 19th century Native Americans.