Situated on the Ottawa River, near Montreal city, Ottawa is the capital city of Canada. The city was established as Bytown in 1826 and in 1855, it was incorporated as Ottawa. The name “Ottawa” refers to the Ottawa River and is derived from “Odawa”, which means “to trade” in Algonquin.
A city with gardens, parks, open public spaces, world-class museums, massive buildings and vibrant districts, Ottawa is an exciting place to visit in all seasons. In summer, the tulip-filled downtown is a cheerful sight, while in autumn, the streets are filled with vibrant red and yellow fall leaves. Winter is characterized by sub-zero temperatures, turning Ottawa into a winter wonderland. A major attraction hub for both nature and city lovers, you can get a private jet charter to Ottawa. Ottawa private jet charters are the best way to get to and from the city in complete style, luxury and comfort and start on your Canadian adventure.
Private Jet Charters To/From Ottawa
To charter a flight to Ottawa or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Ottawa Private Jet Charters
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW): The airport is the 2nd busiest airport in Ontario and lies around 6 miles from Ottawa city’s downtown.
- Ottawa/Rockcliffe Airport (YRO): The airport is situated around 4.6 miles from downtown Ottawa and is less congested than Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport, which makes it a preferred airport for private jet charters in Ottawa.
Cultural Attractions of Ottawa
- ByWard Market: This is the entertainment and retail district of Ottawa and it has an open-air market and market buildings along the streets.
- National Gallery of Canada: The national art museum is one of the largest art museums in North America and has more than 93,000 works of American, Canadian, European, Asian and indigenous Canadian artists.
- Canadian War Museum: The CWM showcases the military history of Canada.
- Ottawa Little Theatre: Established in 1913 and originally known as Ottawa Drama League, this is the longest-running community theater company in Canada.
- Fairmont Château Laurier: Situated in downtown Ottawa, this is a 660,000 sq. ft. hotel that has 429 guest rooms and in 1980 was designated as a national historic site.