Situated in Miami-Dade County, Florida, Opa Locka is a city developed by aviation pioneer Glenn Curtiss in 1926.
Based on the “One Thousand and One Nights” theme, the city has a large collection of Moorish-themed architecture and street names like Sultan Avenue, Alibaba Avenue, Aladdin Avenue, Sesame Street, etc. Named by the Native Americans originally as “Opa-tisha-wocka-locka”, that means “a big island covered with many trees and swamps”, the name was later shortened to Opa Locka.
The island has over 105 buildings with minarets and staircases that are reminiscent of the Moorish Revival architecture. Although this is a small city, there is plenty that you can do at Opa Locka. And, Opa Locka jet charters can get you to and from this interesting place in luxury and style so that you can arrive at your destination feeling like royalty. So, hop onto a jet charter to Opa Locka today to get started on your Arabian Nights adventure.
Private Jet Charters To/From Opa Locka
To charter a flight to Opa Locka or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Opa Locka Jet Charters
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport (OPF): Earlier known as Opa Locka Executive Airport, the airport is located in Miami-Dade County and is the general reliever airport for the city.
- Miami International Airport (MIA): The airport is situated around 9 miles from the city center of Opa Locka and has both domestic and international flights from Miami.
Cultural Attractions Opa Locka
- Amelia Earhart Park: Named after the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean, the park spread across 515 acres is surrounded by lakes, bike trails, petting zoo and water sports.
- Hialeah Flea Market: The largest flea market in Miami, the market is open all 7 days in the week and offers a wide range of products.
- The Bass Museum of Art: This is a contemporary art museum displaying modern and contemporary art.
- Leah Arts District: This is one of the most popular art hubs in the region with many art studios, galleries, outdoor murals, live entertainment, cultural events and food.