Derived from the Maasai word “Enkare Nyirobi” meaning “cool waters”, Nairobi has evolved from an uninhabited brackish swampland to the thriving capital city of Kenya – hence why Nairobi private jet charters have been rocketing in popularity.
Established in 1899, Nairobi was a railway camp for the Uganda Railway. In 1907, it became the capital of Kenya, replacing Mombasa and in 1963, it became the capital of the Republic of Kenya. Popularly known as the “Green City in the Sun”, Nairobi is the most cosmopolitan city in East Africa. Nairobi is a city of polarizing character. On one hand, it has a vibrant culture, great places to eat and a thriving nightlife, while on the other hand, it has poor safety levels and congested traffic. However, there’s lots to love about Nairobi.
It’s fantastic national park which is home to animals of all kinds, an excellent museum and many wildlife-based attractions make it a great city to visit. And, private jet charters in Nairobi makes travel to and from the city very easy and convenient. With a private jet charter in Nairobi you can skip all the hassles of commercial air travel and visit the city in comfort, luxury and style.
Private Jet Charters To/From Nairobi
To charter a flight to Nairobi or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Nairobi Private Jet Charters
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO): Situated in the suburb of Embakasi, the international airport is around 11 miles from the central business district of Nairobi.
- Wilson Airport (WIL): Situated around 6.8 miles from Nairobi, the airport serves both domestic and domestic flights.
Cultural Attractions of Nairobi
- Nairobi National Park: Established in 1946, the national park is located around 4.3 miles from the south of Nairobi city and has a huge and diverse population of wildlife.
- National Museum of Kenya: Established in 1910, the museum has a collection of temporary and permanent exhibits.
- Kenya National Theater: The cultural center produces and stages local and international shows.
- Karen Blixen Museum: The museum is the former home of Karen Blixen, the Danish author, famous for her book, Out of Africa.