With nearly 65,000 inland ponds and lakes, Michigan is rightly known as the “Water Wonderland”! Additionally, it encompasses 4 of the 5 great lakes, earning it the moniker “The Great Lakes State” and resulting in more shoreline than all the beaches on the Atlantic Coast put together.
As a result, visitors to Michigan are treating to stunning water views that can be enjoyed from anywhere in the state, particularly the lovely islands and two peninsulas. Additionally, more than half the state has rugged terrain and beautiful green spaces, making it a must visit for nature buffs.
The 10th most populous state in the United States, Michigan is also the seat of the country’s automotive industry, housing its “Big 3”. Naturally, some of the best cars and motors are produced in the state.
If you’re opting for a private jet charter in Michigan, rest assured that there are tons to see and do in Michigan, whether it’s pristine natural settings up north or the seat of technology, forestry and agriculture that the south is. Here’s all you need to know about private jet charters in Michigan.
Private Jet Charters To/From Michigan
To charter a flight to Michigan or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Private Flights to and from Michigan
Here are the most popular airports that you’ll fly to and from on a private jet charter to/from Michigan:
- The Detroit Metropolitan Wayne Country Airport (DTW, KDTW): With 2 FBOs—Aircraft Service International Group and Metro Flight Services—this airport is popular, also due to its location just 15 miles south of downtown Detroit.
- Coleman A. Young International Airport (DET, KDET): The FBO in this airport, 5 miles northeast of the Detroit’s central business district, is Signature Flight Support, a full-service operator.
- Willow Run Airport (YIP, KYIP): Willow Run has 3 FBOs—Active Aero, Avlight East and Avflight West; downtown Detroit is 35 miles southwest from here.
Cultural Attractions in Michigan
Here’s a list of the top cultural attractions in Michigan:
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and Lake Michigan
- Mackinac Island
- Pictured Rocks National Seashore
- The Detroit Institute of Arts
- Frederik Meijer Gardens
- Isle Royale National Park
- “The Henry Ford”
- Windmill Island
- University of Michigan