The largest city of Nigeria, Lagos is an economic and cultural hub of the country because of the influx of oil money. Lagos meaning “lakes” in Portuguese and has the reputation of being a Yoruba port, the political center for the British and Nigeria’s capital city until 1991.
The megacity is home to the largest, as well as the busiest seaports in Africa. Lagos is a curious blend of a city with a vibrant and upbeat culture, along with pollution, noise, congested roads, high crime rate and tin shacks under elevated highways that ring the island city.
The city’s flourishing music and arts scene is sure to keep you going until the wee hours. The bustling city is an entertainment and business hub, hence why Lagos private jet charters are so popular as of late. Hop onto a private jet charter to Lagos and fly to the city in absolute style and comfort to start your exciting African adventure.
Private Jet Charters To/From Lagos
To charter a flight to Lagos or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Lagos Private Jet Charters
- Murtala Muhammed International Airport (LOS): Built during WWII, the airport has been named after the 4th military ruler of Nigeria, Murtala Muhammed. The airport is situated around 8 miles from the city center and is the only major international airport of the state.
Cultural Attractions of Lagos
- National Arts Theatre: The primary performing center in Nigeria, this is a cultural and architectural landmark. Built in 1976, the theater houses both ancient, as well as modern artworks.
- Nigerian National Museum: The museum showcases Nigerian history and works of art from the pre-independence years to modern times.
- The New Afrika Shrine: Also called Fela Shrine, this is an open-air entertainment center situated in Ikeja.
- Lekki Conservation Centre: Spread across 78 hectares of land, this is a nature hub where you can see animals and plants in their natural habitat.
- Terra Kulture: The art house of international acclaim is a contemporary theater and visual arts center.