Situated in Bedfordshire, England, Bedford is a county town. On the frontier between the Danes and Anglo-Saxons, Bedford has a charter that is more than 900 years old. Home to John Bunyan, the famous author of “The Pilgrim’s Progress”, Bedford has a rich historical and cultural heritage.
The picturesque town has plenty to see and do from historical buildings, museums to beautiful outdoor spaces, restaurants and late-night entertainment, Bedford has it all. If you’re looking for a place for a weekend getaway or spend a few days exploring, then it is an excellent town to visit.
You can get a Bedford private jet charter right now and conveniently travel to and from this beautiful town without any hassles and with the utmost class and comfort. Take a jet charter to Bedford and travel in complete luxury – let’s take a look at the essentials below:
Private Jet Charters To/From Bedford
To charter a flight to Bedford or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Bedford Jet Charters
- London Luton Airport (LTN): This is the nearest major airport that is situated around 31 miles from Bedford’s center. The airport serves both domestic and international flights from London.
- London Stansted Airport (STN): The airport is situated around 55 miles from Bedford.
- London City Airport (LCY): The airport lies around 75 miles from Bedford and serves both domestic and international flights from London.
Cultural Attractions of Bedford
- John Bunyan Museum: The museum showcases the life of the famous author, preacher and pastor, where you can experience the life and times of Bunyan.
- The Higgins Art Gallery & Museum: Located in the Castle Brewery buildings, this is the main art gallery and museum of Bedford, which was built in the mid-19th century by the Higgins family and has the largest collection of historical artifacts and art.
- Panacea Museum: Dedicated to the history of the Panacea Society, a millenarian religious group in Bedford, the museum is situated in Castleside.
- University of Bedfordshire Theatre: Located on the University of Bedfordshire’s Polhill Campus, the 280-seat theater and holds regular performances by local and professional theater groups.