The metropolitan Bay Area in the city of San Francisco is an excellent place to live and for work. So regardless of whether you’re flying in for a business meeting or you live here.
But even if this is home, you go out once in a while for work or a holiday. That’s where private jet charters in the Bay Area come in. The Bay Area jet charter is serviced by airports in and around the city of San Francisco.
Private Jet Charters To/From Bay Area
To charter a flight to the Bay Area or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports Near San Francisco’s Bay Area
There are four airports with fixed-base operators or FBOs that service the private jet charter Bay Area. FBOs coordinate with the airport to provide services like jet maintenance and inspection, parking and re-fueling of jets.
- San Francisco International Airport: SFO is situated 13 miles south of downtown San Francisco. It is the largest airport in the region and has an aviation museum and library inside the premises. It has one FBO called the Signature Flight Support.
- Oakland International Airport: This is the second in the private jet charter Bay Area list and is referred to as the Metropolitan Oakland International Airport. It is four miles south of the central business district of Oakland and about 20 miles southeast of downtown San Francisco.
- Hayward Executive Airport: HWD is about 26 miles southeast of the central business district of San Francisco and is serviced by two FBOs called Volo Aviation and Atlantic Aviation.
- Mineta San José International Airport: This is not in SF but is situated just two miles northwest of downtown San Jose. That is approximately 46 miles southeast of San Francisco. It has two FBOs called Atlantic Aviation and AvBase.
Cultural Attractions in the City by the Bay
The city has a ton of popular landmarks and has some great cuisine for food lovers. You can check out San Francisco’s diversity in these places.
- The Golden Gate Bridge: It is one of the most photographed locations of the Bay Area for a reason. It is an orange structure with blue waters in the background. You can often see low lying clouds over it and that’s a striking visual.
- The Alcatraz penitentiary: It is located in the Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay and is one of the country’s most infamous prisons. It has been around for about three decades and re-opened in ‘73 as a tourist hotspot.
- Golden Gate Park: It is home to many gardens in the middle of San Francisco. There are many walking trails and cycling paths here with over 5,000 different species of trees, lakes and a buffalo padlock.