In the heart of the south of the United States is Atlanta with its fast-paced and cosmopolitan ambiance. The city is Georgia’s capital city and it’s also the most populous city in the state. Atlanta is the economic and cultural hub of the Atlanta metropolitan area. Situated on the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Atlanta is characterized by dense tree coverage and rolling hills, which give it its moniker, “the city in a forest.”
Originally founded as the depot of a state-sponsored railroad, the city was almost burned completely to the ground during the American Civil War. Atlanta rose from the ashes and became a national center or commerce. During the 50s and 60s, Atlanta was at the center of the Civil Rights Movement with several leaders like Martin Luther King Jr., David Abernathy and others who played a prominent role in the movement.
You can private jet charter Atlanta 24/7 and travel to the “heart of the south” for a vacation or business. And, when you have private jet charter Atlanta, traveling through the business airport can be a breeze.
Private Jet Charters To/From Atlanta
To charter a flight to Atlanta GA or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Private Flights to and from Atlanta
Atlanta is one of the major aviation hubs of the United States and is accessible from various airports that are located conveniently.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): ATL is situated around 10 miles from downtown Atlanta. This is the busiest airport in the world in terms of passenger and aircraft traffic because of its position as a major international and national hub.
- DeKalb-Peachtree Airport (PDK): Situated only 8 miles from downtown Atlanta, the DeKalb-Peachtree Airport is the 2nd busiest airport and acts as a reliever airport for the Hartsfield Jackson Airport.
- Fulton County Airport (FTY): Located to the west of Atlanta, the airport is also known as Brown Field. The airport handles small aircraft traffic.
- Falcon Field Airport (FFC): Located in Peachtree City, the airport lies 25 miles from Atlanta’s central business district.
- Cobb County Airport (RYY): The airport is located around 21 miles from central Atlanta and is also called McCollum Field. The airport has 2 FBOs where you private jet charter Atlanta.
- Gwinnett County Airport (LZU): Also known as Briscoe Field, the airport lies around 2 miles from Lawrenceville, Georgia and around 34 miles from downtown Atlanta.
Cultural Attractions of Atlanta
Atlanta Opera: The Atlanta Opera was founded in 1979 and produces opera productions for the metropolitan area of Atlanta.
- Atlanta Ballet: This is the oldest ballet company in the U.S.
- Alliance Theater: Originally known as the Atlanta Municipal Theatre, the Alliance Theater staged the first production, King Arthur, in the year 1968.
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: The Atlanta Symphony Hall is ASO’s (Atlanta Symphony Orchestra) main concert venue located in the Woodruff Arts Center.
- High Museum of Art: This is the leading art museum in the southeastern U.S. and is ranked 95th among museums in the world.
- Atlanta Contemporary Art Center: This is dedicated to the creation and advancement of contemporary art by established and emerging artists.
- Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia: MOCA collects contemporary artworks by artists from Georgia.