Situated in the south-central part of Alaska on the Cook Inlet, Anchorage started off as just a collection of tents. The city was founded during the Alaska Railroad construction in 1914 and has now grown as a sophisticated commercial hub with 40% of Alaska’s population.
While Anchorage has all the trappings of a cosmopolitan city, the city is a gateway to the snow-capped mountain peaks and the wilderness around including Kenai, Talkeetna and Chugach.
Anchorage is a great place for hikers, skiers, wildlife watchers and fishermen; however, the metropolis offers a variety of attractions such as museums, shopping and great nightlife. Anchorage is beautiful in any season. You can witness the stunning Northern Lights in any season or experience the City of Lights and Flowers in the summer, where you can see a profusion of around 80,000 flowers. So, if you’re looking for a comfortable and luxurious travel solution to or from this wonderful place, an Anchorage private jet charter has you covered.
Private Jet Charters To/From Anchorage
To charter a flight to Anchorage or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Private Jet Charter Anchorage
- The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC): The airport is situated around 6 miles from downtown Anchorage. There are many FBOs that offer private jet charter Anchorage.
Cultural Attractions of Anchorage
- Alaska Center for the Performing Arts: Started in 1988, the performance venue located in downtown Alaska has 3 theaters — Discovery Theatre, Evangeline Atwood Concert Hall and Sydney Laurence Theatre.
- Anchorage Concert Association: Started in 1950, the ACA is a not-for-profit entertainment and arts presenter that presents dance, music and theater performances in Anchorage.
- Anchorage Symphony Orchestra: Started in 1946, ASO is the professional symphony orchestra of Anchorage.
- Alaska Native Heritage Center: Founded in 1999, this is a cultural and educational institution that shares the heritage of 11 cultural groups of Alaska.
- Alaska Aviation Museum: Previously known as the Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, the museum showcases the aviation heritage of Alaska and has displays of historic aircraft, memorabilia and artifacts.
- Anchorage Museum: Situated in central Anchorage, the museum showcases art, history, science, ecology and ethnography of Alaska.