Located in the United States’ South Central region, with Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, New Mexico and Colorado as neighbors, Oklahoma is the country’s 28th most populous state and is popularly known as “The Sooner State”.
Oklahoma City, the capital of the state, is an important city for its abundance of natural gas and oil, as well as being a major contributor to the country’s agriculture while being reliant on aviation, biotechnology, telecommunications and energy.
But it’s not just about the industries at Oklahoma City—the city boasts beautiful prairies, mesas, forests and ancient mountaintops, a majority of it spread across the Great Plains region. Oklahoma City is also rich in culture—some of the 25-plus Native American languages spoken in the state are spoken here, while a thriving cowboy culture can also be found here.
One of the most comfortable, convenient and luxurious ways to get in or out of the city is to opt for a Oklahoma City private jet charter.
Private Jet Charters To/From Oklahoma City
To charter a flight to Oklahoma City or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports to Fly Privately to and from Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City has several airports that an American jet charter Oklahoma City can fly into, the main airports being:
- Wiley Post Airport (PWA, KPWA): The Wiley Post is around 7 miles to the northwest of Oklahoma City’s central business district.
- Will Rogers World Airport (OKC, KOKC): Will Rogers is close to downtown Oklahoma City, a mere 6 miles away.
- Shawnee Regional Airport (SNL, KSNL): Just 2 miles to the northwest of Shawnee, the Shawnee Regional Airport is 35 miles to the southeast of Oklahoma City.
- University of Oklahoma Westheimer Airport (OUN, KOUN): This airport is 19 miles to the south of Oklahoma City and a mere 3 miles to the northwest of Norman.
- Tinker Air Force Base (TIK, KTIK): Located to the southeast of Oklahoma City, Tinker Air Force Base is another popular spot for private jet departures and landing.
Top Cultural Attractions of Oklahoma City
Some of the top cultural attractions that you can visit if you take an American jet charter Oklahoma City are:
- Oklahoma City National Memorial
- The Science Museum
- The Oklahoma Zoo
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art
- Myriad Botanical Gardens
- Museum of Osteology
- 45th Infantry Division Museum
- Oklahoma History Center
- State Capitol
- Overholser Mansion