It’s one of the oldest cities in the whole world and is home to the late empire that, at one point in time, ruled a huge part of the planet – London is without a doubt one of the most popular cities in the world. There’s undoubtedly a lot of history to catch up on, no matter how well you know the place, and it’s also always been a global hub for business and work affairs so it’s ever bustling with energy.
Millions of people visit London every year and those who enjoy the speed, comfort and style of private flights will find themselves superbly well-served by a London private jet charter – let’s take a look at the essentials and best options below.
Private Jet Charters To/From London
To charter a flight to London or from it, be sure to use one of our top recommended services below:
Airports for Private Jets in and around London
There are four airports that service the private jet charter London with fixed-base operators who provide fueling, parking and take care of maintenance and inspection of the aircraft.
- London Heathrow: This is the main access point for all commercial international operations. It is located towards the west of London and is about 16 miles from the heart of the city. It has one FBO and three handlers.
- Luton Airport: This is one of the most used airports by the private jet charter London. It is about 31 miles from the heart of London. It has two dedicated FBOs called Harrods Aviation and Signature Flight Support.
- London Biggin Hill Airport: This is on the southern side of London and is about 17 miles from central London. It has two business FBOs called Biggin Hill Executive Handling and Signature Flight Support.
- London Stansted Airport: At forty miles, this is about one hour away from central London and is the only airport that can take in jets larger than the Boeing 767.
- London Gatwick Airport: It is a popular choice for connecting flights or as an alternative to the Biggin Hill airport. It’s about 30 miles from central London and has one FBO to service the private jet charter London.
Places to Visit in London
This list threatens to be never ending because of the rich history of the city. So we’ve narrowed it down to three places you just cannot skip.
- Change of guard at Buckingham Palace: If you’re in London, this is an experience you cannot miss. It’s all about the pomp and prestige of the monarchs. There’s music and marching and the display of Her Majesty’s pride.
- Tower of London and Tower Bridge: There’s a prison, a palace, a zoo and a tower. And it’s not just any tower. It is one of Britain’s most iconic structures with a long story of heritage.
- The British Museum: With over 13 million artifacts, it has one of the best collections of antiquities in the world. All that colonizing is on display so don’t miss it.
All you need to do now is fire up the jet and get going.